skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Mr.Involved
Let me tell you about the past month and a half, in which my wonderful Josh came back to Charleston. At the very last minute as I was leaving Germany, we purchased a ticket for Josh to come back with me. There was not much for him to do for a whole month on his winter break in Germany, alone, so he came back here. Little did I know, Josh came back with a mission...to help as much as possible with anything and everything that needed to be done!! We hit the wedding planning hard from the very beginning, and successfully checked one thing after the other off of our to-do lists. We made a trip to Florence to plan wedding music, we searched for and found the bridesmaids dresses (which is an awesome story, please ask sometime), we built the cupcake stand for the wedding CUPcakes, we purchased the groomsman's attire, we worked on several home repair projects, we purchased a termite bond for the house (don't ask!), and SO SO SO much more. Sweet Josh came every shift that I worked, days & nights, for the whole time he was here, to eat a meal with me on my short breaks. Sometimes he cooked, and other times he fixed sandwiches, but he always came with a big bag and a warm smile! While I had to work during the weeks, Josh was Mr.Time-On-Task, and set to work on getting MUCH done. One day while I slept after a night shift, Josh raked and bagged 42 bags of leaves in our back yard!!!!!!!!!
(yes, i DO believe he IS Superman!!). Josh is just so wonderful to love me so much and care so much to WANT to be involved in the wedding planning process. He has contributed so many great ideas, too! :) While Josh was here we also finished our pre-marital counseling sessions with our pastor, we purchased our marriage license (it only lacks a signature now!), he printed all of the invitations, we assembled them, and Josh printed all 200 envelopes, too! WHAT a man!!!! God truly has blessed me with Josh, who earnestly seeks the Lord's ways, who cares for me, protects me, provides for me, and loves me absolutely unconditionally. As Josh has arrived back in Germany today I miss him like crazy, and my heart aches for his return, but I do take full confidence in knowing that 'HE who began a great work in us WILL be faithful to bring it to completion'!! :) Thank you ALL for your prayers and love. 
No comments:
Post a Comment